Did you know that most people choose Chiropractic treatment when it comes to relieving back pain? Chiropractic care is one of the most effective treatments for back pain offering relief caused by accidents, sports injuries, and muscle strains.
We use spinal manipulation and other treatments to relive the body of pain without the use of surgery to restore mobility to joints restricted by tissue injury caused by a traumatic event, such as falling, or repetitive stress, such as sitting without proper back support. In some cases, we may also incorporate nutritional counseling and exercise into the treatment plan with the aim of restoring functionality and preventing injury in providing back pain relief.
When done wrongly, mundane activities like vacuuming, working at the desk, driving, gardening, or even sleeping can take a toll on the back. Even sudden injury that results from moving furniture or getting tackled can cause pain in the back, while this pain may not last a long time, it can be hurtful and incapacitating. Spinal manipulation is a safe and effective treatment for this kind of lower back pain. We can help you get back in shape and return to a life of freedom and movement, without pain.
The symptoms of back pain include:
- Insistent aching or stiffness along your spine – from the base of the neck to the tail bone.
- Piercingpain in the neck, upper back, or lower back – particularly after lifting heavy objects or engaging in any strenuous activity. Beware pain in the upper back can also be a sign of a heart attack or other life-threatening conditions.
- Continuous aching in the middle or lower back, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Back pain that radiates from the lower back to the buttock, down the back of the thigh, and into the calf and toes.
- Failure to stand straight without having pain or muscle spasms in the lower back.
Here are a few things you must be aware of that will help prevent and relieve back pain:
- Seating: Choose comfortable seating. Your office chair should provide good back support — ideally, with an adjustable backrest, lumbar support, armrests, and wheels. Arrange your workspace so you don’t have to do a lot of twisting to reach for frequently used items
- Travel: Travel light. Don’t overload your briefcase, purse, or backpack. They can lead to chronic back and shoulder pain.
- Driving: Be conscious of your back while driving. Sit back in your seat and, if necessary, support your lower back for lumbar support (a rolled blanket or towel can help). Shift your weight occasionally. If you have cruise control, use it when you can. Consider using a foam seat cushion to absorb some of the vibration. When driving long distances, take frequent breaks to stretch.
- Sleep: Sleep in alignment. When possible sleep on your side with your knees bent, and pulled slightly toward your chest. Your pillow should keep your head level with your spine — you don’t want your head propped up too high. Choose a mattress that’s firm enough to support your spine.
- Exercise: Exercise regularly to prevent and relieve back pain.
Chiropractic adjustment treatment seeks to reduce pain and improve the functionality, so you can live a normal life. If you need help to relive back pain, contact us and we can help you return to a life of freedom from back pain.